Certification Experience Assistant
The American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO), the medical specialty board responsible for certifying eye physicians and surgeons in the United States, seeks a new team member to assist with key administrative processes while supporting customer experience and communication goals.
The full-time, remote-based Certification Experience Assistant plays an important non-supervisory role on the Certification Experience Team and reports to the Director of Communications and Experience.
Core responsibilities for this position will include:
- Providing daily customer-facing support on phones and email inboxes
- Building rapport with physicians who are seeking and maintaining board certification
- Processing certificate orders, verification requests, and other documents
- Assisting ABO team members and leadership with the execution of certification program tasks
- Becoming an in-house expert on ABO programs and customer service best practices
The ABO is interested in speaking with you if you are:
- A competent, confident communicator, particularly over the phone
- Enthusiastic about providing and promoting unparalleled customer service and support
- Tech-savvy and able to quickly learn and apply new skills
- Able to focus and remain highly productive in a remote-based setting
- Equally comfortable working as part of a team and on independent projects
- Eager to learn, take initiative, solve challenges, and shine in a high-visibility role
The ABO is a not-for-profit organization that sets high standards for knowledge and skills in the practice of ophthalmology. We serve eye care patients and their families along with more than 20,000 ophthalmologists worldwide.
The ABO recently shifted operations from its long-time Philadelphia-area headquarters to a virtual office environment; however, the organization continues to hold monthly in-person staff meetings in the Greater Philadelphia Area, which you must be able to attend. Applicants must be available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM ET, with occasional availability to work beyond standard hours and/or travel.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the Certification Experience Assistant role. Because high-level writing skills and the ability to follow precise directions are integral to achieving success in this position, resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Review of application materials will begin immediately.